Friday 23 November 2012

Voices in my head, again


Radio traffic was insane today, seriously insane. I’ve never heard anything like it. I know I’m hardly in a position to cast stones here but a lot of them seemed to be the equivalent of weekend drivers. The standard of radio work was terrible! Truly awful and I`m afraid to say, that included tower! God he seemed to like the sound of his own voice. I couldn`t get a word in edgeways. This is NOT a good thing in the circuit. I still struggle with the prioritisation of flying vs radio work, and it was freaking me out that I would be on final before I could get a call in.
This distracted me from the crucial act of actually flying the plane.I was reacting to the radio chatter the same way I react to people who don`t know when to shut up in meetings (I work with a lot of people like that). It irritates me. Stupid people tend to. Getting wound up affects my flying. I need to stop that. In the same way that I take my drawing pad to meetings and scribble away, I need to find a tactic that allows me to ignore the stupid stuff and focus on flying the plane.

 

*I have reputation at work (probably deserved) for not suffering fools gladly. When my boss was introducing me to the new faculty this year, her speech was pretty much ``this is WMAP; she knows almost everything that goes on here. She’s an excellent person to ask questions. She is usually willing to help you with pretty much anything, but don`t piss her off”. Still not sure if I was being praised or insulted.

No comments:

Post a Comment