Wednesday 28 November 2012

It takes a village to fly a plane

Myself and a good friend from ground school came to this conclusion via a text conversation the other day. I was sharing some powerpoints that I acquired from RTH to help her prep for some reading she wanted to get done.

This isn’t exactly an earth shattering statement but student pilots need other student pilots. We need to share our screw ups with people who are making the same screw ups. We need to know that what we are feeling isn’t unique and that it too shall pass. We need tips on flying, tips on studying, tips on how to deal with our instructors, tips on how to deal with friends and family who just don’t get it and we need them from people who are at the same stage as us.
It is remarkable how quickly you forget the emotions behind your flights. I’ve only just soloed but I’m not sure how much use I’d be in encouraging someone else who was nervous about it. For a start I truly have no recollection of a lot of it and secondly I’ve moved onto the “raring to go” phase. That’s kind of what I’m hoping to achieve with this blog.  Its why I spent so long obsessing on the internet , desperately tryng to find other people who had been through it and made it out intact the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment