Wednesday 7 November 2012

Things I lie about….

(Bob, you probably shouldn’t read this)
 







What I say
What I actually mean
I’d like to know what day I’m flying so that I can plan my reading
I’d like to know what day I’m flying so I can plan my drinking.
I need to review that section in the textbook
I haven’t looked at that section of the textbook yet
That section is on my reading list for this weekend
I wasn’t even aware that there was a section on that!
I found that section of the book quite challenging to understand
I got bored after 5 minutes and went out drinking instead
“I have control”
Yes I know that I’m technically responsible for manipulating the bits that make us move, but “control” might be stretching the truth a bit
“with the traffic”
I can see something, however it may very well be a bug on the windshield or possibly even a boat
<callsign> - acknowledging the latest set of bizarre and complex instructions just given by ATC
<callsign> I haven’t understood a word you just said but I know if I say this you’ll shut up and stop bothering me
I’m staying at home to study
I’m at home watching “Top Gun” , “Iron Eagle” , "Flying Wild Alaska", " Ice Pilots"or some other crappy flying movie

 






 


                                                                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment