Tuesday 20 November 2012

Man that felt good!

Bob has a new student (and another one on the way to sitting his flight test it would seem!), he seems like a nice kid. Keen, enthusiastic, clutching his rental headset in its bag* and probably learning at five times the rate I am. We chatted for a while, basic stuff discussing where he was at and what he was doing (turns, climbs and descents). I bet he manages them without hyperventilating. I was sat on the deep couch in the main dispatch area, working on weights and balance calculations, I must have looked like I knew what I was doing, he asked me what stage I was at. I was able to look up from my page of scribbled numbers and say “Oh, I soloed a couple of weeks ago”

THAT FELT GOOD!


*Always a sign of a novice pilot or alternatively a passenger!

No comments:

Post a Comment