Saturday 17 November 2012

Developing a bit of a soft spot…

…for Juliet Echo Sierra. Initially I disliked it because I got used to the sportier S model. JES felt a bit sluggish in comparison. Now though I’ve come to realise that JES has several things that I’ve come to appreciate

·         Steps on both sides- checking the fuel is only a minor mountaineering expedition in comparison to SAR and JPM

·         Pockets in the front – both sides to allow easy storage of charts/ glasses cases/ checklists etc.

·         A heading bug on the heading indicator – useful for keeping track of various directions (wind/course etc.)

Rather than sluggish, I’ve actually come to appreciate JES’s gentler approach to life. I don’t feel like I’m fighting her. I don’t get freaked out when applying full power because she doesn’t leap up on you like the others. Obviously I’m not cut out to be a girl racer. Finally of course we can’t overlook the fact that not only did I do both my first flight and first solo in her. RTH also passed his flight test in her.
I may be getting to like this plane a whole lot more than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment