Sunday 25 November 2012

A little too enthusiastic!

I like backtracking on the runway; it feels all kind of wrong but in a good way, to do a quick 180 and then speed off in the other direction. It’s kind of the equivalent of driving the wrong way down the highway, but with permission!

I may have gotten a little too enthusiastic this time though. I was trying to expedite my backtrack because I knew there was a lot of traffic in the circuit*, but Bob had to point out to me that we came perilously close to becoming airborne! Woops!
On a slightly related note, interesting radio call from tower on my final landing. After I requested a full stop on 26 ( I always emphasize that bit because they usually assume you are doing touch and goes), they came back and asked “Is that a full stop as in you’re done, or will you be needing a back track?”

I wasn’t having the greatest of times up there (see this post), I jumped in before Bob could get a word in and said “that’s a full stop as in we are most definitely done!”

We weren't though , Bob kicked me up there on my own.

*That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment