Friday 16 November 2012

Didn’t think my landings were that hard.

Walking back from today’s lesson I felt that something was not quite right wardrobe wise. I ignored it, and continued on my way home.

A  side note about my clothes choices when flying. Although it may look like I just throw anything on, my flying clothes are very carefully chosen. I select clothes that are from my slightly-on-the large-size section of my wardrobe (since losing some weight I have six different clothes sizes in my closet), mostly because I don’t want anything too constrictive and uncomfortable on in an already tight cockpit. I also have a selection of t shirts that are presentable but that I don’t mind getting oil/fuel/dead insects/assorted bird crap on. Nothing too revealing and nothing with long sleeves (I hate long sleeves). Most of my tops tend towards the geeky side as well. Maybe I'll post pictures of the best ones. I've decided that my "Bazinga!" t shirt is cursed. Gravity hates me when I wear that shirt.
Footwear-wise there are a couple of schools of thought; RTH likes to wear his heavier boots because he feels that it gives more authority on the rudder pedals. I like my lighter sneakers because I get more feedback from my feet positioning. Unfortunately my most comfy sneakers are my old sailing ones. They’ve been dunked in Lake Ontario a few times; consequently I don’t think they are the most fragrant item around!

So back to the wardrobe malfunction, I got home, took off my jacket, looked down and nearly stabbed myself in the eye. Yep I’d somehow managed to bounce the wire clean out of my bra!
I really didn’t think my landings were that bad L

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment