Saturday 10 November 2012

Bullsh#tters need not apply

My biggest asset at work is also my biggest handicap when flying. What do I mean? I’m talking about my ability to blag my way through any situation.

I regularly find myself at work, in situations where I’m out of my depth, in unfamiliar territory, lacking the required knowledge. But I learn quickly, I find stuff out with ease and have an uncanny ability “to talk the talk” while desperately trying to figure out how to walk the walk. I'm the person you throw at a project when it needs rescuing and this can be anything!
You might consider this would be an asset in flying; dealing with unknown situations, making decisions quickly, but not so much. You simply can’t bullsh#t your way through flying. Gravity is non-negotiable. You can’t talk your way out of a bad approach. The tarmac wins …. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment