Saturday 27 July 2013

Please let me take off.

I have no luck whatsoever with the traffic around here. No I’m not talking about cars and stuff; I mean I always seem to hit the runway during rush hour. Last lesson I dropped Bob off at the hanger and taxied my way back to the runway for another solo to Claremont. It had been pretty quiet up until this point. I saw a Porter on final and could hear that there was another plane in the circuit. The Porter passed by me on its way to landing. I knew that if I judged this right I could get my call in and ATC could squeeze me in between them. I waited until they had passed me, made the call and was fully expecting to be told to “line up and wait”.

“Hold short 08”
What? Ah damn I missed that; Mr Porter didn’t land, Mr Porter overshot.  

I have to wait a minimum of 3 minutes after his departure. Then the entire aviation world decides to enter the circuit. A medevac or two, a couple in the circuit. More commercial stuff. And me ,just sat in my normal spot at the hold short line.
Waiting

And waiting
And then waiting some more.

Little did I know that not being able to takeoff was going to be the least of my worries!

No comments:

Post a Comment