Friday 11 October 2013

From the Archives: Lies I tell myself

As I’ve mentioned before, random stuff sticks in my head. Useless stuff like movie quotes, song lyrics, the fact that Sea Cucumbers can contract their muscles and jettison some of their internal organs out of their anus. Nothing useful like stall speeds or control inputs during taxiing ever sticks

Having emerged from a not-so-nice incident that left me considering my aviation future, I’d like to think that I’m a stronger person for it. I didn’t quit (tempting as it was) I got back in that plane and showed it who was boss!
So now I have these lyrics stuck in my head

I'm not afraid
Of anything in this world
There's nothing you can throw at me
That I haven't already heard
It’s from “Stuck in a Moment” by U2, a band about whom I have mixed feelings. I like some of their music but have a very low tolerance for some of their politics. The lyrics are highly appropriate I feel. A complete lie*, but highly appropriate!

 

* I’m still scared, all the time; but I hide it well and push through regardless.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment