Thursday 16 August 2012

The old switcheroo

I’ve long held the suspicion that ATC hate me and today’s lesson did nothing to dispel that thought. I get the distinct impression that ATC play a kind of light aircraft Tetris. Basically they view us as irritating little bricks that have to be slotted into whatever gap they happen to have.  Today I was receiving really helpful landing clearances like “line up as for runway 26 but land on 24”. Seriously WTF?
They swapped me round so many times that at one point Bob and I were having a discussion as to which runway I’d actually been cleared to.  Of course at the precise moment we wanted to radio in and ask for confirmation, the entire world decided that this would be a good time to jump on the radio. We were on seriously short final before getting our confirmation (I was poised to initiate the go around).
For the record, I was right  J. I’m just throwing that out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment