Friday 31 August 2012

One way I actually have the upper hand…

..over RTH is my lack of motion sickness. I actually genuinely feel sorry for him over this. RTH suffers terribly from it (or at least he did). I think he gets queasy on the ferry ride over!
I don’t find it all a problem. I did used to get that “anxiety bubble” in my stomach but not to the point where I was actually going to throw up.
Really it’s all just a reaction to stress. RTH throws up. My brain shuts down. I suspect that Bob can tell how overloaded I feel by the number of syllables I manage to get out at a time. If things get really bad then I do tend to ignore him!
Consequently I can quite happily throw the plane around the practice area for an hour and a half doing stalls, spirals and the like whereas RTH would have to call it quits after a relatively short period of time.
I have read horror stories on the internet posted by instructors whose students didn’t give them any warning that they might feel a tad ill. I give Bob a hard enough time in the cockpit as it is, the least I can do is not to hurl over him!

No comments:

Post a Comment