Wednesday 15 August 2012

Clogs and Boxing Gloves.

I haven’t flown for three weeks so you might say that my flying lacks a certain finesse at the moment. I sincerely felt like I was flying whilst wearing the above accessories. They don’t make for good fine motor control that’s for sure!

OK, so  my circuits were a little suspect and my landings even more so (only one on each approach now , so that’s an improvement) and there was no need to deliberately practice overshoots when my approaches were so all over the place that I had to do them anyway. There were some good points though. I was doing the radio work in the circuit (first for me) and it went kinda ok. Listening to ATC outside of my lessons has been a real help. The biggest achievement today, radiowise, was not only could I give the appropriate response, I understood what they were asking me to do. Another positive (I’m desperately trying to find them, cause over the last couple of weeks I got myself into a bit of a negative funk about my abilities) is that I’m a LOT more comfortable on the ground with all my preflight checks , my run up, taxiing and stuff. This means I’m not already stressed out by the time I take off.

BTW touch and gos are still the most fun thing I’m doing at the moment. I think Bob likes them too. I swear he was making cowboy noises down the runway at one point!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment