Sunday 22 December 2013

Several attempts

That’s what it has taken me to write this post. I’ve been toying with this for a while. Just under a year ago (5th Jan 2013 to be precise), something happened during one of my lessons that scared me beyond belief at the time and nearly caused me to quit flying.


I wrote some blog posts at the time, I pulled some blog posts at the time. It all got a little messy, mostly in my head. I had both the luxury and misfortune of catching my near demise in glorious high definition video.

So now, after several attempts to put my thoughts down in writing I’m going to put a series of posts up describing what happened and what was going through my head. Before I post anything I think it is important to point out that my attitude at the time is very different to what I feel now.

For a long time I couldn’t blog about this at all, I was embarrassed. Embarrassed about the incident itself, it was a stupid flying mistake. More embarrassed about how I reacted to it.

Now (I think) I can look back at it a little more rationally and with a little bit of realistic self-reflection. And now for a lack of anything better to blog about (thank you weather!) I think it is time to share my thoughts past and present.
  
                                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment