Sunday 29 December 2013

Breathing again.

(written 8th Jan 2013)

A storm in a teacup

A figment of my over-active imagination.

Nothing to see here
All phrases that can be used to describe the ultimate consequences from the “wake turbulence” incident.

Nothing is going to happen. I don’t think that anyone is particularly p#ssed at me. No one has suggested that I should stop flying. No one has even suggested that I need a bout with the Chief Flight Instructor.
Ironically the very video whose presence on YouTube inspired the initial panic turned out to be the exact thing the flight school needed to prove that this was a “flying incident” rather than someone hotdogging the Porter.

Yep, apparently for a while it was suspected that I’d deliberately overflown the Porter to “show off”. Oh the irony! The student who every flight questions whether she is worthy to be in that cockpit, is suspected of showboating!
Yeah I really wasn’t for those of you who were wondering.

So now that I can actually breathe again, now that I can physically feel the weight that has been lifted off me it is time to go back to me original mission of education. I never want a student to have to go through what I just did. I want people to see that video. I want a film to speak a million words.

It would seem that everyone else has shrugged this off as “just one of those things. Now I’m going to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment