Wednesday 11 December 2013

Christmas came early!

A fantastic surprise last night, I got home to find Bob the bear* sporting a new piece of bling. My darling, delightful husband RTH had purchased for me something I’ve had my eye on for a long time.

This


It is the “Jackie” model watch from The Abingdon Company. And it’s gorgeous!

A little background here, A year or so ago I brought RTH a watch for his birthday. It’s a pilots watch complete with built in E6b as well as many other useful functions. He loves his watch and I’m insanely jealous of it. I’ve spotted many of the young instructors down at the flight school sporting this particular model.
Even before this I’ve always maintained that women’s watches tend to be very boring. Either too small, too girly or too plain. I bemoaned the fact that there was no female equivalent of RTH’s watch.

Except there is.

It seems I wasn’t the only one who held this opinion. Chelsea“Abingdon" Welch took it one step further though and basically founded The Abingdon Company with its range of watches aimed at female pilots.

Have I said how much I love this watch?

It is stunning to look at, fancy but not too blingy and infinitely practical. It has an E6b built it, the bezel rotates just like the wheel on my cardboard E6b. It also has a chronograph (stopwatch) as well as the usual 12/24 hour time functions.

It feels solid without being too heavy, it is big enough to read without being too chunky. The cubic zirconia rivets are elegant rather than over the top and in your face. They are also recessed for practicality, they won’t catch on anything.

A lot of thought has obviously gone into the design of this watch and I LOVE it!

It even comes with a little guide on how to use the E6b and there are even demo videos on the website.

RTH was planning to keep this as a gift for when I complete my cross country but as it seems increasingly unlikely that this is going to happen this side of Christmas, he couldn’t keep it to himself any longer.  It’s a good job really, ever since I learnt about the existence of this watch, I’ve been eyeing it up and was fully intending to buy it for myself at some point.

RTH knows me too well, he picked out the exact model and colour I was going for.

Did I mention how much I love this watch?





*Bob the bear as opposed to Bob the instructor (I keep the former in my condo, not the latter!)


No comments:

Post a Comment