Tuesday 22 January 2013

Pity our IT department

So work has gone from being crazy busy to its usual flow of steady-but-having-to-deal-with-bat-shit-insane-people-with too-much-time on-their-hands.

This week’s highlights include
      ·         Having to attend a meeting about a storage closet

·         A meeting actually being IN a storage closet

·         Having no lighting in our basement office for 3 days

·         Dealing with people who decided the best way to reorder information in a spreadsheet was to print it, write numbers on it in pen and then give it back to me to type up.

In protest and to maintain our sanity my office-mate and I have

·         Put in an IT help ticket enquiring “what eats wasps?”*

·         Put in an IT help ticket enquiring “who would win in a fight, God or Batman?”**

·         Started a chart on my whiteboard tracking the growth of our bamboo plant

·         Claimed we were being bullied by the “anti-bullying” survey she had to construct

·         Acquired a pair of lacrosse sticks to use as improvised weaponry to any who dare enter

·         Invented a student and put them in our community service database, complete with mock activities to see if anyone actually notices.

It’s going to be a long winter. Again this is what happens to me , sanity wise , if I don't fly. Getting my PPL apears to be essential to maintaing the mental health and wellbeing of those around me!

Of course the guys got their own back by phoning me and claiming to be from Transport Canada, wanting to speak to me about a certain incident. Sometimes I really hate them***

 

* To be fair the guys actually answered this one fairly quickly, complete with references!

** ditto this one, although they now claim I owe them alcohol

*** Not really guys, please don't break my computer

No comments:

Post a Comment