Monday 28 January 2013

My head hurts.

Today’s flight was ok-ish, kinda. But I’m a bit annoyed at myself. The conditions were perfect for soloing and my circuits were tolerable. Not perfect but not dangerous or anything. The aim was to do some dual time and then go solo. It’s been a long while since I got any PIC time in. Trouble was something was just not quite right. I know I stress myself out but this was something different. On my final circuit, I realised I had the headache from hell. A band of pressure pressing into my eyes. Time to call it a day and land.

I don’t know what caused it, it may be that I need better sunglasses (mine are not aviator style ones), it could be that the band of my camera headstrap was pressing on me. It could be a combination of the glare and general winter yuckyness. Any or all of the above. Either way, time to land.
Annoyed about the solo time though.

2 comments:

  1. I could spend a lot of wordage talking about sunglasses. I shall suffice it to say I believe they are the most important piece of safety equipment on board that aircraft after your brain. I have a rather expensive pair of sunglasses which I got as a first solo present which I've used since (recently replaced like for like after they were stolen from my car). It is worth spending a little more on them because if they help you see and avoid other aircraft then they were worth every cent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so what are your recommendations sunglass wise? so much to consider
      polarised/ non polarised
      tint - level , colour ( brown / grey / other)?

      style ( ie looks) doesn;t bother me. I'm never going to be Tom Cruise !

      Delete