Friday 25 January 2013

Is this a little sad?

Another meeting with A, another useful study session.

The usual mix of hard work, pecking away at the theory and the exchange of flying stories, tips and anecdotes.
A is fun to be around for so many reasons. She’s as keen as I am, doesn’t mind spending time just talking flying (we both have friends who we probably bore comatose with this stuff!). She’s smart and has a quick mind; she asks tons of questions as well. This is great because it sends us spinning from one topic to another in rapid succession. I love this. The way we start off talking about the altimeter and end up pulling out our “theory of flight notes” because we want to know why temperature affects the plane’s climb performance (we came to this question via the concept of density altitude).

I don’t know what the other people in the coffee shop think , I guess we get a little enthusiastic sometimes, and let’s face it we don’t exactly look like stereotypical pilots. It could be worse though, A’s a very visual learner and I like to use my hands a lot when I teach, maybe I’ll get hold of some visual props and we can really attract an audience!
Anyways, the question in the title refers to that fact that A and I actually have set a date for her to come over so we can sit at the window, drink wine and listen to ATC. Yeah the things that entertain us pilots-to-be!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment