Saturday 12 January 2013

Back in the proverbial saddle.

Despite the dire weather forecast (less than 500ft ceiling) the weather was actually pretty damn good. Calm winds, slight mist but decent horizon. All in all, a bloody good lesson.

Exactly what I needed. A calm lesson, just reviewing standard circuits, reminding myself that I do actually know how to fly reasonable well. We practiced a couple of late overshoots. One of them was really late, as in just about to land kind of late. I even did a short field landing and managed to get the mental image of the edge of the runway (this has been plaguing me since the whole incident) out of my head and pulled off the landing.
So I’m good. I’m happy that I’m going to carry on with this flying stuff. I had a bit of a scare but I’ve moved past it. This was definitely a “get back on the horse” kind of lesson. Next time we’ll get back on track training wise.

In terms of my blog, it’s business as usual. I have a ton of stuff that I wrote while this whole incident and the implications were playing out. I will post it. But not now. I’m going to give it a couple of months.
At the moment it is fresh and raw and I don’t need to relive it again. Later on it’ll be a valuable lesson on how not to give up. Now is just too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment