Friday 4 January 2013

My channel

So yeah, I’m on YouTube J.

 Not all viewers of my blog will be that familiar with the whole concept. If you are you can skip most of the first part of this post (except my Channel ID of course!!) It’s more of a guide for the less tech savvy who may be following me (Hi Mom!)

I’ll embed them in my blog, which will allow you to see the small versions of them. For better viewing click on the “YouTube” button on the bottom right. Then to optimize viewing:






OK, the rest of you can tune back in now

My channel is http://www.youtube.com/user/LocalFlightEast

(Dad, bookmark that Website before you lose the address!)  This means you can go to that page and see all the videos I’ve uploaded.

I’m aiming to video all my flights from now on. I realize that they won’t be that interesting to the majority of people but hey no one forced you to watch them!

For me they are incredibly useful. I can see, for example just exactly why I had to do two fricken overshoots before finally finding the tarmac at City!

At the moment I’m using an incredibly simple set up. It’s the aforementioned GoPro Hero 2 camera. On a head strap. In full HD mode.  This produces incredible quality videos but huge file sizes. The software splits them up into roughly 3 Gig files. My trip to Oshawa was split into 3 files. They look amazing on my HD TV but I need to downsize them for sticking online.  I’m using Movie Maker for editing at the moment, because it was free. I’m hoping to confer with some work colleagues on better products and general moviemaking tips.

At the moment I’m just chopping off the bits of me faffing around at the start and end and then joining the files together before uploading them. I hope to get more sophisticated in the future. It is a bit time consuming though. The Oshawa trip took the best part of a day to encode, edit, upload and process.

So flying has spawned yet another hobby! Cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment