Tuesday 15 January 2013

Guilty admissions

Bob approved of the quote in this post. He asked me if it was just coincidence that I’d happened to watch the movie recently. I then had to admit “errm, no I’ve kinda got pretty much the entire movie memorised!”

I mean come on, it has Tom Cruise AND Val Kilmer* AND it’s about flying. What more could a girl want?
I have strange mental flashbacks to movies sometimes. Random words or phrases will point my mind to film clips. During today’s flight, on final, I caught myself saying “my speed’s good” and then stopped myself and resisted the urge to say “I’m too close for missiles, I’m switching to guns!”

Because I’m trying to take this flying stuff seriously and stop with the crappy jokes in the cockpit. Sometimes that’s harder than the actual flying!

 

*going to be highly controversial here and say that actually Val Kilmer is hotter than Tom Cruise in that movie!

1 comment:

  1. "You're 3 quarters of a mile, call the ball" on finals.

    ReplyDelete