Sunday 7 September 2014

Turning the tables.

Occasionally, just occasionally I manage to do something that Bob hadn’t anticipated, something that throws him a curveball!

Today, as we were flying to the Northwest corner of the practice area, Bob set me up with a scenario that’d basically require a precautionary landing. An ill passenger. Not heart attack ill but sick enough so that they wouldn’t make it to our alleged cross country stop two hours away.
After extracting a little more information from him, I established that he wanted on the ground in the next ten minutes.

“OK then, I guess I’m taking us to Markham then.”

Bob laughed, genuinely surprised by this turn of events. He hadn’t counted on the fact that as I’d been talking to him I’d run my thumb along my map and established that I was less than 10 miles from the privately owned strip. It seemed like the best course of action to me.

Bob agreed but what he’d really wanted me to do was pick a field and set up for a high and low pass, that I had time to properly inspect the field.

I actually thought he was being devious and wanted to see if I was paying attention to where I was.
Apparently I outwitted him.


That has got to be a first!    

No comments:

Post a Comment