Thursday 20 June 2013

Weird priorities

Not aviation related , musings From Vegas

I’ve just had to fight my way through a massive horde of people, all of them clamoring for a glance of some allegedly famous person called “Kim Kardashian.” Now the only Cardassians I’m aware of were in Star Trek, DS9; so I have no idea who this person is but apparently you can pay $160 for the privilege of meeting her. I think I’ll pass thanks.

I really can’t help but wonder about the messed up priorities of some people. They’ll pay $160 to meet someone I’ve never heard of (presumably one of these famous-for-being-famous people ) yet when I visited the Air and Space museum in DC I was probably the only one who stood there with her hand touching (or as close to the protective plastic as you can) the Apollo 11 command module. I had a near spiritual moment while small kids chased each other around it and the world bustled right by , without a second glance.
I don’t get it at all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment