Saturday 22 June 2013

Perfection (mostly!)

Simple plan today, dual circuits until Bob was happy with my flying and more importantly my landings and then he’d cut me loose on my own. Bob’s target: 3 acceptable circuits and landings then he was out of there.

Winds were light and variable, variable enough so that the ATIS was calling 08 the active, whereas it was actually 26, despite a small tailwind initially. I didn’t mind too much; 26 is my runway of choice.
I was determined to step up my game today, tired of missing out on solo opportunities because I’m fighting the plane. And step it up I did. BAM!, BAM!, BAM! 3 good circuits one after the other. Sweet landings. Not a murmur from Bob, he could have been asleep for all I know. On circuit number 4 he woke up enough to let me know “call a full stop on this one.”

I searched my inner self for the inevitable signs of panic and found none. I was ready. I wanted to do this! Unbelievably I was almost relieved to see Bob get out. The traffic was quiet; the winds calm, perfect conditions to get some nice gentle relaxing solo time in.
Little did I know that wasn’t what was going to happen at all!

More next post.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment