Wednesday 12 June 2013

Sharing the skies.

Bit of a weird situation today, Both RTH and I were flying at similar times. RTH needed to keep his currency up, so decided to do a few solo circuits. I had a lesson with Bob. Our flights were scheduled within half an hour or so of each other, so we set out to the airport at the same time.

Dispatch was fairly quiet; it was still quite early in the morning. I actually like the earlyish flights. I get down there in plenty of time, take my own sweet time doing the walkround and stand on the apron watching the traffic.
We both signed out our planes, I grabbed my upholstery shop’s worth of cushions and we both headed out. Our planes were parked right next to each other. J from dispatch told us “we could gaze romantically at each other while we did our walkround!”

Personally I find you tend to walk into things if you do that. We did; however come to an agreement. I’d fetch a milk crate for RTH (SAR is missing a step on one side) if he got up on the wings and did my fuel tanks for me.
I made a half joking request that he “keep the hell out of my way” and watched him taxi off. I retired inside to brief with Bob.

RTH was just taxiing in as I prepared to taxi out. It was kind of an odd feeling seeing him out there as “other traffic”

No comments:

Post a Comment