Saturday 22 June 2013

An efficient use of time

Crazy day last Friday, lots of stuff packed in and scheduling precision that the Swiss would be proud of.
I started off with a super-highly-important strategic planning meeting. Jury is still out on my opinion of that meeting, to be honest. It had the bonus of the fact that I’m not really responsible for any deliverables. This is more of an offer your opinion type of deal. I’m good at giving opinions. Most of them are unsolicited and occasionally involve suggestions regarding people, objects and orifices. I have to be on my best behaviour on this committee though because for one thing I volunteered.

This was followed by a quick dash home to put on some more suitable clothing (you can’t fly in dress-to-impress-the-Principal suit and boots) and grab something to eat before heading down to the airport to squeeze in a flight.

Finally it was time to jump in a taxi and head to a meeting with one of my many friends whose name begins with A.

 A and I had a girly evening at a local spa planned. Usually not my kind of thing but I’ve become a bit addicted to a nice relaxing Swedish massage as a way to switch my mind off. I’m so out of place in these kinds of facilities though. For a start everyone turns up with their little spa purse, while I’m trying to cram my flight bag into a locker! They have a hairbrush and eyeliner and mascara in their bag. I have a headset and kneeboard. They probably smell vaguely of channel perfume. I’m covered in a thin sheen of engine oil and probably smell vaguely of AvGas.

Still I’m sure that the people in the whirlpool spa with us appreciated the enthusiastic demonstration (complete with hand gestures) as to exactly how you land a plane in a crosswind.

We ended the day with the obligatory trip to eat frozen yoghurt, a local shop that does self-serve in multiple flavours and charges you by weight (the frozen yoghurt‘s not yours!) Yes I did regret that part the day after but I was so relaxed from the massage, I didn’t really care!

An excellent use of a Friday I feel, but then again any day which involves flying is a good one!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment