Monday 10 June 2013

Looking like a pilot

I’ve blogged about how I’m slowly beginning to feel like a pilot and truthfully every lesson I feel more and more like I belong in that plane. Today though, I looked like a pilot.

No it wasn’t the cool shades (I actually still need new ones) or the headset or even the flight bag on my shoulder. It was when I looked in the mirror and saw myself reflected with a fine mist of engine oil droplets up my left arm and a smudge of grease on my right cheek.
Hell yeah I’m a pilot!

2 comments:

  1. You forgot the dust/grass stains on your knees from draining fuel from under the fuselage. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the fuel in the eye from that last drain point under the belly that gets me every time!
      I worry that it is going to dissolve my contact lens!

      Delete