Thursday 9 May 2013

New motto.

I have awesome friends, willing to listen to my bleating on about how p!ssed I am at myself when it all goes wrong in the air.

Understand that “all goes wrong” is a relative turn. At the moment I’m p!ssed at backing out of this lesson.  As usual my friend A*was ready with some sage advice. Basically it went along the lines of this, you used to enjoy this flying stuff WMAP, why are you putting yourself under so much pressure? This is a lesson, not a test. You’re meant to screw up every so often. That’s how it works.
I pointed out that I could cope with screwing up but it was the panic, the feeling of being out of control, being scared that I hated myself for.

She thought for a minute, “You’re not really scared of the flying WMAP, you’re the most fearless person I know**. You’re scared of being scared”
Now the next line she came out with, was put in a way that even I can relate to:

“F@CK FEAR, WMAP. Just fly the plane”
So that’s my new motto “F@CK FEAR”.

Because it isn’t doing me any good up there.

  

* I’ve only just realised that I have many friends whose name starts with a A, going to have to figure out a way to differentiate them.

** Apparently this is how my friends view me. Selling your house, quitting your job and moving to a country with no home, no friends and no job is quite a brave move according to them.

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your friends LFE. If you can muster the guts to uproot and move continents, then this flying thing must be peanuts by comparison! :-)

    ReplyDelete