Wednesday 8 May 2013

Alternative methods of funding.

It’s no secret that flying is expensive and when you have 2 people in the family bitten by the bug, then it is doubly so. Our anniversary flight to Lindsay, for example could probably have paid for a weekend away! Not that I’m complaining you understand, that was the best trip EVER!

I’m lucky in that I can afford a mild flying addiction, but I can totally understand that some people may have to look into alternative means of funding. I mentioned in this post that I got paid for doing some focus group work. It wasn’t a huge amount, but it’ll pay for the ground portion of my next couple of flight lessons. I also managed to snag a free night in a fancy hotel, just by entering my business card into a draw (networking event, usually dull but this one had free wine!).
So to sum it up, in the last week I’ve managed to acquire some cash and a free hotel room for the price of a business card and an opinion. Maybe I can make a sideline out of this. If anyone is interested I have lots of business cards and an opinion on pretty much anything. Am willing to trade for cash!

No comments:

Post a Comment