Friday 29 March 2013

15 years

No the title doesn’t refer to how long I expect to take to get my PPL!
On April 4, 2013 RTH and I will have been married for exactly 15 years. It’s been an interesting 15 years that’s for sure; we were still at university when we married for a start. We’d barely started our lives. Honestly we were two completely different people back then.

We must be doing something right though as we’ve lasted longer than the average marriage does (according to some stats I pulled off the internet, there is a 50% chance of a Canadian marriage ending in divorce before the tenth anniversary). Maybe ours lasted because we were British when we started!
Either way we’ve done some really cool stuff in previous years for our wedding anniversary. We’ve stayed at swanky hotels (Banff springs), cute little B and Bs (Niagara on the Lake). We’ve eaten at very posh restaurants (Canoe), but nothing can top what we have planned for our 15th. I’m so excited by our plan I can’t even begin to describe it.

We are going to eat lunch in a cheap little restaurant in Lindsay, Ontario. What the Brits would refer to as a "Greasy Spoon". 
Ok, So why is this so awesome?

Because we plan to hire a plane and freakin fly there! Seriously how cool is that? We are going to walk to an airport, say “Hi” to the guys behind the desk pick up a plane and fly to Lindsay, grab lunch in the airport restaurant and then fly back again.

Of all the restaurants we have eaten in (and RTH consider ourselves foodies) this will be the sweetest ever. Of course the flip side is that I have to plan the route. The division of labour is such that RTH flies, I navigate. I have no idea how this will work out. Neither of us has been to Lindsay before and my navigation skills are suspect at best.

We may have been married for 15 years when we start off, who knows how long we’ll last once we get in that plane?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment