Thursday 1 January 2015

Well that lasted didn’t it?

A little over two months since becoming a pilot and my currency at the flight school has lapsed. My plans to keep my currency ticking over during the cruddy winter weather have been foiled by predicted low ceilings, possible snow flurries and gusting winds.

The weather is probably technically doable but I had a passenger planning to come with me, someone who has never been in a small plane before and I suspect that “technically doable” aren’t exactly the best conditions to introduce someone to the joys of flying.

That, combined with the fact that RTH has given me the plague*, has led me to make an early decision to cancel.

It sucks a bit but isn’t the end of the world, I’ll just need a quick circuit check before I can go back up on my own again.



* it may be a cold, could be Ebola, who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment