Perfect timing this weekend. Bob’s away with his family, I’ve been too busy at work and home to even think about reviewing the footage from my last dual cross country and the weather isn’t looking too spectacular. So none of us are too bothered by the fact that I won’t be doing my next solo cross country this week. It’s all worked out for the best timing wise.
Bob’s absence doesn’t mean that I don’t get to fly though. Ever thoughtful, he texted me to let him know if I fancied a flight and he’d arrange for someone to sign me out.
I readily agreed and so I have a plane booked for a couple of hours on Sunday, weather permitting.
And, so far that’s pretty much the sum of our conversation. Bob’s booked me a plane (and arranged for someone to sign the paperwork) and I’ve promised to keep an eye on the weather.
The fact is though, I know what I need to do. I have a whole range of things that I could choose to do. I could do circuits and nail those take off and landings, especially the short and soft field ones. I could go out East and do some airwork.
I have choices.
I have options.
And it’s up to me to decide.
I need to evaluate the factors; weather, wind, time since I practiced that exercise last and make a decision.
Gradually Bob has been handing over the responsibility and now I’m getting a small glimpse into what it’s like to be a proper pilot.
This is what people talk about when they mention “The Freedom” I guess.
I think I kind of like it.