Monday 6 January 2014

2014 – Resolutions


Following on from last year, let’s make some new ones, in no particular order:

1)      I’m going to stop procrastinating over the written exam. I’m very aware as to why I’m putting it off. It’s got to stop.

2)      I’m going to get my PPL. This is the year for it. It’s within reach. I know I can do it. Those words look so simple written down but the massive mental shift that’s gone into me being able to put those words down is immense. I don’t know how to adequately describe it.

3)      I’m going to pay it back. To all the people who have gone above and beyond what could reasonably be asked. To RTH whose endless patience I’ve pushed to the very limit when it comes to hollering for help, to Bob who is always at the other end of a text message or email or phone call. Who probably bills me for a third of what he actually should time wise. To my internet posse who are always there with constructive help or advice. To my family who follow my every flight even though they are thousands of miles away. I’ll pay it back by sporting those coveted wings and making you proud of me.

4)      I’m going to start on my book. Yep I’ve been thinking about this for a while now and working on the odd bit here and there. I’m going to write a book, a self-published, vanity affair, covering learning to fly and emigrating abroad and other random stuff. Probably in e-format, probably of no real interest to the majority of people, but I’m having fun writing for it.

5)      I’m going to learn some stuff about video production and editing. I have a ton of video material but am lacking creative ideas as to what to do with it. I want to stand out as more than just another set of flying videos. I need some ideas and some skills.

6)      I’m going to become a better passenger when RTH is flying. I’m going to stop worrying and fidgeting and questioning and just relax. Alternatively I’m going to become more useful like actually being able to handle the radios or the navigation for him.


I think that just about covers it for the moment. There are some fairly big ones in there. Lets see how I do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment