Friday 26 October 2012

What didn’t happen

As I’ve mentioned previously I did a bit* of research about going solo, on the internet. Lots of people had some very good advice. I also flew that flight a million times in my head.  Unsurprisingly it didn’t turn out anything like I expected and a lot of the things that people said would happen didn’t. Which just goes to show the internet is a sucky source of advice**.  So here’s what didn’t happen:

·         I didn’t notice any major change in the climb rate of the plane, this may have been down to the fact that JES is a gentler plane in general.

·         I didn’t have a “OMG the other seat is empty moment”, in fact I was quite pleased to have somewhere to put my clipboard

·         I didn’t feel the “this is it I’m committed” moment when I opened the throttle. I felt it at the hold short line

·         I didn’t hear my instructors voice in my head talking me through the flight

Please don’t read the above and think for one minute that I was anything other than totally and utterly terrified through out the entire thing.

* Okay I obsessed about it compulsively for several months

** And the sky is blue apparently

No comments:

Post a Comment