Sunday 7 October 2012

So close

No, not an ATC problem this time! Almost my first solo, curse you high winds!
It’s no secret I’ve been mildly obsessing over this, as alluded to in an earlier post I’ve literally run out of stuff to read, YouTube videos to watch, advice to solicit and things to worry over. So now I have two choices, either fly solo or don’t.

I kind of resigned myself to the inevitable; I informed Bob that he’d have to bully me into agreeing to it. I signed the required paperwork, listened to the instructor drop off briefing and wandered off to do the walkround. Strangely enough although I was seriously scared about the whole solo process, I don’t recall the same sense of sheer panic that I had when contemplating spins for example.
The winds were strong today, bordering on the limits for students, and therein lay the problem. By the time we’d flung it round the circuit a couple of times. The winds wouldn’t allow me to fly solo

So close L

No comments:

Post a Comment