Saturday 27 October 2012

Some context

A year ago I found it difficult to get onto a plane without either valium or self-medicating with alcohol.

8 months ago I had major abdominal surgery to correct an issue that had been leaving me feeling exhausted and depressed for the best part of two years

6 months ago I took my first “familiarisation flight” with Bob
For that flight and probably the next 4 or 5 flights, my proudest accomplishment was not hyperventiliating and having a panic attack. Yep, seriously, my greatest achievement was being able to breathe properly.

Up until today, I had never been in sole command or control of any vehicle not even a car, bike or boat.
Today I flew a plane! On my own! I have a grin the size of Ontario on my face.

It’s going to be there a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment