Thursday 4 October 2012

Bully me,please!

I’m hyperware of the fact that Bob will be getting out soon (hopefully he’ll wait until we are on the ground). The thought both exhilarates and terrifies me. While I’m pretty confident that I’m handling all the stuff up there reasonably well and that Bob is just offering the same kind of guidance that a more experienced pilot might make to anyone with less hours, it’s still a huge chasm from that to being on your own.

I had a sudden heart in mouth moment last flight when he announced “that’s three solid landings in a row,” the realisation that he could be exiting the plane was all too real.
Bob has said that my solo will be “by mutual agreement” but I don’t ever see myself being able to say “yes” when he asks me if he should get out. I’m not sure he should give me the choice. I may need to be bullied into this.

No comments:

Post a Comment