Wednesday 3 October 2012

Often heard phrases part 2


So as my training has moved on, so have the phrases you are likely to hear in the cockpit. Here’s round 2
Head on a swivel - Bob’s instructions on how I should be looking out when taxiing, rather than any desire on his part to decapitate me (I think!)

How’s your speed/altitude/other flight parameter? (delete as appropriate) – usually an indication from Bob that it is not what it should be.

I’m in a whole world of hurt here* - usually my reaction to discovering the above situation.
Watch the centre line - similar to the taxi line in post one of these phrases. No matter how much I watch it, I never seem to get near it!

“____________________” – yeah Bob says a whole lot of nothing sometimes. In fact this is becoming more and more common. There could be many reasons for this

·         I’m not doing anything wrong – unlikely but hey a girl can dream!

·         He’s deliberately letting me get myself into trouble – I’m sure he’d say it’s to give me practice at extricating myself, but I have long suspected he has a mild sadistic streak!

·         He’s being mean ;) – random removal of headsets, engine and flap failures come into this category (again I’m sure he’d claim it was for training purposes)

·         He’s bored and nodded off, this may account for the previous point also!


B@ST@#Dunder my breath to ATC as they switch runway/overshoot/spin me round 360/try to bounce me of other aircraft/try to bounce me off buildings/set me up right up the arse of another plane

 * I have no idea why or where I picked up this awful phrase. My mind seems to come out with some serious crap when I’m up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment