Saturday 25 October 2014

The score

Okay I’m having a hard time parsing the events of the last day. It was a long day. I arrived at the flight school at just after 9:00am and eventually took off at 5:00pm.

Mentally I’m still processing all that happened, as RTH will attest to! I was still lying awake at 3:00am going through every step in my mind.

It’s going to be a while before I have any coherent blog posts, so let’s talk numbers.

There are 30 PPL exercises / skills on which you are assessed. That includes the ground portion. Each exercise is marked from 1-4. I’m paraphrasing slightly but basically

1 is a fail

2 is good enough, you made some mistakes and/or were out of tolerances and were a bit slow to correct them

3 is better , you made a minor mistake or were out of tolerances but you were quick to correct

4 is AWESOME!!

Any 1 is an automatic fail, if you only get one or two 1’s then you can do a partial retest of just the items that you failed. Any more or do anything which is on the “danger list” (like busting airspace) then you start again with the whole thing.

It doesn’t take a genius to figure out that your maximum score is a perfect 120. I totalled a score of 104.

By my calculations that is a more than respectable 87%

I am more than happy with that.


I won’t bore you with a blow by blow description of my score sheet but I would like to draw your attention to the “4” I got on my power on stall!

No comments:

Post a Comment