Sunday 3 February 2013

What the camera doesn’t see

Last night saw me at home alone while RTH was out with three other women. I spent some time looking over the raw footage of some of my flights on the big screen TV*. Again, the camera takes pretty decent footage but you get kind of a distorted perception of what’s going on. You assume that being head mounted the camera sees everything you do. That’s not quite the case. I’ve mentioned before that to the camera it looked like I was permanently head-butting my errant clipboard when in actually fact I couldn’t see it really. Watching a video of my last flight I noticed the opposite situation. Looking at the video footage all you can hear is me seemingly randomly swearing at Bob, reasonably violently. What you don’t see is him sticking a card over the ASI, forcing me to judge my speed visually!


* A bit narcissistic I know, believe me I get very little pleasure in seeing them sometimes. I cringe at the sound of my voice and all my little verbal quirks

No comments:

Post a Comment