Monday 3 September 2012

Another flight, another bruise.


As well as being the World’s Most Anxious Person. I’m also the clumsiest. Every time I fly I come back with a fresh set of bruises. I have no idea how I get most of them, I suspect that most are picked up during my preflight checks and actually getting into the plane.  I mean what do you expect when an essential part of your preflight equipment is a milk crate?
This phenomenon is not limited to flying. When I used to sail I would end up looking like a victim of domestic abuse after every trip. The difference with sailing was that I could actually identify each piece of deck hardware that had left its mark.  A horn cleat on the left leg, a pulley track on the right arm and that fantastic time where I managed to slice the back of my Jean’s leg on a deck rail and had to sail round the entire island with my ass hanging out.

With flying the bruises are a lot more indistinct. If questioned about them I say either RTH or BOB beats me if I get it wrong (depending on who is asking!). Well it sounds a hell of a lot better than “I fell off my plane!”

No comments:

Post a Comment