Tuesday 24 July 2012

I’m not even supposed to be here!

I’ve now reached what Bob calls “Stage 2” of my training. The general idea being that I’ve been exposed to most of the basic maneuvers and am now putting them together into the ultimate test known as “The Circuit”.
In its most basic terms, a circuit consists of the takeoff, climb out and then a roughly rectangular path back round to landing again. It lasts about 5 minutes and it’s frantic. There’s barely any straight and level flight involved. By the time you’ve made your second turn you need to start thinking about landing.

Now I object to being subjected to this ordeal. I’m really not meant to be here. The plan was for me to take a few lessons, that’s all. There wasn’t meant to be a stage 2, 3 or 4. There sure as hell wasn’t going to be all this “preparation for your first solo flight” stuff (BTW Bob has been banned from mentioning the “S” word).

I don’t know if my current feelings are a good thing or a sign of my deeper slump into insanity but there is a small part of me that thinks I might actually be able to do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment