Tuesday 15 July 2014

Wretched hive of scum and villainy

Star Wars fans might think of the Mos Eisley Cantina when they see this quote. For me it’s the ferry to the airport.

Take 100+ people all anxiously wanting to catch their plane, add in the fact that the ferry only runs every 15 minutes and then couple that with the fact that everyone is towing rollaboard luggage* behind them. It’s a touristy mess that brings out the worst in all concerned. Everyone wants to be the first off the ferry, occasionally I will admit to falling into that category. Most of the time I’ve left myself enough time and am in no real hurry. It still annoys me to see stupid people, though.  Like the idiot “stroller brigade” the other day who got the elevator up to the ferry queue, wandered directly to the front and positioned their strollers in such a way that not only would they be blocking anyone trying to get on the ferry ahead of them but also ensured that no one coming off the ferry could get to the elevator either.

Normally I just try to stay out of the way. I’m not trailing luggage and so can nip into the gaps left by people struggling to manoeuvre their cases through a space I could get a Cessna through. But the other day I did take matters in to my own hands. Disgusted by the way people were almost climbing over themselves to shove in front of three people in wheelchairs on the ferry. I let the idiots who had managed to get in front move and then positioned myself in such a way that I formed a physical barrier to anyone else trying to get ahead and thus forced everyone to let those three passengers off first.


You’re all getting on the same damn plane, what’s wrong with you?


* the worst invention ever in the history of air travel if you ask me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment