It’s been a hectic few weeks, with weekend work commitments and visitors. Not much in the way of flying for the above reasons as well as the inevitable sucky weather.
This weekend looks to have settled down both in terms of commitments and winter weather and I’m missing flying intensely. Despite my nerves about how much I still have to learn, I am eager to get up there and start learning it.
I’d had a passing conversation with RTH early in the week about my flying plans, to be honest I wasn’t exactly sure where I was at and what the plan was. My last flight was my trip to Muskoka with my brother and while I enjoyed it, it was kind of a pleasure flight rather than an intense training activity.
Don’t get me wrong, I learnt a lot from that flight but it was secondary to the primary purpose of showing off my new found skills to my brother!
The start of my work week was fairly busy, it always is when you come back after a few days away. I hadn’t had chance to think about flying until the midweek point. By then I was eagerly anticipating Bob’s text.
We established that I was, indeed, up for flying. I’d had a quick look at the long term forecast and knew that Sunday was looking to be the better day, so it didn’t come as a surprise when Bob suggested meeting at 10 am on Sunday.
His suggested plan for the flight did leave me more than a little surprised though. Yeah I’m not sure “surprised” is the right word either.
More in another post.